Auteur Sujet: The French Open 2011 is over...  (Lu 13539 fois)

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
    • Kazmierski Language Services
The French Open 2011 is over...
« le: 10 juillet 2011 à 20:55:18 »
Reply to this thread on the PP forums! Spread the word!
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?70692

And boy was it fun.

With people from all over France along with a few guests from Italy, Spain, and as far away as Poland and Ukraine, the tournament boasted 32 players total, which for our little part of the non English-speaking world is pretty impressive!

Kudos go to all of the players for their excellent mood, lavishly painted armies and general fun!

Special thanks to the RTS gaming club, as usual the best team a TO could dream of!

Prize support thanks go to Privateer Press, Trollune (our Lyon LGS) and Uchronies Games (Paris LGS): we were able to give everyone a decent prize, with a swooping Battle Engine for 1st place!

Those of you who didn't follow the whole story may want to follow the links to the Rule Set, Army Lists, Painting Grid, Quiz and Quiz answers below:

http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/frenchopen2011/FrenchOpenRuleset.pdf
http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/frenchopen2011/FrenchOpenArmyLists.pdf
http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/frenchopen2011/FrenchOpen-Quiz.pdf
http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/frenchopen2011/FrenchOpen-QuizAnswers.pdf
http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/frenchopen2011/FrenchOpenPaintingGrid.pdf

A big shout out to our players (especially the French!) for playing timed games in English - I know it was pretty challenging to some of you.

Without further delay, the final standings:

Congratulations to SteelRat from Ukraine, a very complete player and hobbyist (and a damn nice guy, too!) who won the tournament by a small margin over our two French challengers!

[for those of you who don't want to go over the trouble of reading the whole Rule Set, the final ranking is the Total of Tournament Points + Painting Grade/30 + Quiz/20]

It seems the Quiz was a bit harder/misleading than I thought, sorry for that!

And finally a selected few pictures, there will be a lot more as soon as I get some sleep.

SteelRat's Darragh Wrathe leading his army to victory

Lucifel888's Khadoran Best Painted Army

Klarick's Calandra leading the charge

Follow the picture updates at this link: http://www.igorzoroastre.com/images/tournois/20110709-FrenchOpen/

Igor
« Modifié: 10 juillet 2011 à 21:09:20 par Zoroastre »
O Fortuna, am I but your clockwork hero ?
Ex-cagoule en chef des Illuminati. Ex-résident de paradis presque fiscal.

Hors ligne Alris

• Brave
Re : The French Open 2011 is over...
« Réponse #1 le: 11 juillet 2011 à 09:40:47 »
So here we go.

First of all, as always with the Zoroastre's Tournament, all was perfect. I think we must create a Zoro's seal of Quality.

Then, the confrontations :

1srt : Against Q² (France) with is Trollblood (Borka) in 50pts.
The objective is to control a circle in the opponent's half during 2 turns. I choose to play epic Stryker in order to have efficient enough punch to fight the Trollkins. (And especially their warbeast). After a massacre (2 to 4 models left in each side), I lose the match.

2: Against Emiliano (Italy) (don't remember the nickname) and is Legion (Bethayne) in 50 pts.
I choose to play my list pHaley. The objectives was to control a flag and contest a circle area in the opponent's side to mark 2 points. Nothing special to say, Emiliano makes a good job (with good dices too, but it would be insulting to reduce he's great play to that) and win the scenario. Second defeat.

3: Against Big Kana(Italy) with is Trollblood (Madrak)
I play my last list which was thought in order to play against Warmachine. Sadly, I fight again against Hordes. My opponent do a good job too. I miss the warlock assasination (A thunderHead with 5 focus and sustained Attacks - Madak scroll - transfer to warbeast = Madrak with 4 lifepoints left)  and Mulg decide to makes free hug to his friend Nemo but he forgot his Strenght and the poor elder died. Third Defeat.

Second Day :

1: Against TripleUn (France) and his Trollblood (Angus) 35 pts
The objectives was to destroy 2 pilars in opponent's side. I play ma pStryker list because it was the only list with pendrake (my joker to fight Hordes). My long-gunner under snipe makes a really good job by killing the blitzer at the start of the second turn and they will add also a Scout units to their hunting table (not sure this expression exists in english but ...). The Stormblades do their job too by shooting an Axer and badly injured the last one. (Pendrake + Stormgunner + Stromblades = Ouch ! ). Finally I win with a total massacre of the opponent army for only a faw lost. A really Stryker like victory ^^

2: Against Lucifel388 (France) and his Khador (Irusk) 35 pts.
The objectives was to control two flags but it won't be useful to know that ^^. The widowmakers killed all my prekursor knight in two turns, I never succeed to hit any kayazi and loose because of objectives. My only satisfaction is to have killed Irusk before Siege died (We never play with caster kill as condition of victory in France).

3: Against Titi (France) and his Cygnar (Stryker Epic) 35pts
The scenario is kill box. I know by heart my opponent's list and so I knew how to fight against with my pCaine tier 4 list. We fight each other and do great damage in each side but finally Caine succeed to klill stryker by shooting him three times in his back -feat + 2 initial attacks). A true Caine style victory

After all I ended at the 26th position which is quite bad but not really representative of the matchs. Anyway, the main thing is that it was a really good events with only very fair opponent. All the fight was tight and really enjoying so, once again, thanks all for this week end.

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
« Réponse #3 le: 12 juillet 2011 à 09:29:19 »
Sunday pics are up, same addresses!

Zoro

Hors ligne John McForester

• [WTC] 2015
  • Immortel
« Réponse #4 le: 12 juillet 2011 à 14:29:57 »
Thanks a lot for everything and now for the pictures. Is it possible to "zip" all pics into a single zip file? It would be more convenient to download ;)
Ah oui mais s'il faut lire les règles maintenant, où va le monde ?

Steam Powered Dukes

Hors ligne Portal

• [WTC] 2014
  • Héros
« Réponse #5 le: 12 juillet 2011 à 19:41:15 »
It was a very good tournament. I'm not fluent enough in english to do a good report but I'd like to.

I just want to apologize to Emiliano : it seems that a caster with Eyeless Sight when using an arc node that has not Eyeless Sight still ignore concealment. I think I could have lost a lot of Satyxis on your spell and you may have won the game. I'm really sorry for that.

Hope you to beat my face next year !