Auteur Sujet: [France] French Open 2012 - May 26/27 in Lyon, France  (Lu 7278 fois)

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
    • Kazmierski Language Services
[France] French Open 2012 - May 26/27 in Lyon, France
« le: 27 février 2012 à 16:15:36 »
Dear players from Europe and beyond,

After the undisputable success of last year's seminal event, the second edition of the French Open will be held in Lyon on Saturday, May 26th and Sunday, May 27th. We at the organization team are ready to welcome even more players from abroad and top the first edition both in quality and attendance! We're currently bodging a few glitches to make the event even more enjoyable for everyone, without compromising our core principles: balancing gaming & hobby, free food and .25" cheating*!

Summary:
• Address:   Maison des Associations Château Sans-Souci
      36 avenue Lacassagne
      69003 Lyon
      France
• Format:   SR2012, 50 points on Sat./35 points on Sun.
• Entry fee:   20 €/player
• Website:   http://www.battle-group.com/forum/index.php?board=73.0
• E-mail:   write to Igor at: zoroastre92-warmachine_at_yahoo.fr, tag [French Open]

Overview:

The French Open 2012 is a Warmachine and Hordes tournament held in Lyon, France, on the 26th and 27th of May. The tournament is organized by the RTS gaming club and the Battle-Group.com website. It follows the Steamroller 2012 rules with a few exceptions, notably the demand for fully painted armies. The event will reward the full hobbyist with painting and Iron Kingdoms trivia scores added to the tournament total. Note: unlike last year, Assassination will be a victory condition.

The tournament consists of two parts, one 50 point 3-game day on Saturday, and one 35-point 3-game day on Sunday. Both days are part of the same tournament and each follows the SR2012 Appendix Rules Baseline, 3 Lists Required and Divide and Conquer. The time will be chess-clocked. Maximum attendance is 42 players.

Just as last year we will do our best to accommodate everyone for free by dispatching players among our players and friends. If you come from abroad you have at the least a guaranteed place to crash as long as you bring your sleeping bag!

In case of international attendance, the tournament official language will be English.

So, what should I prepare?
Three 50-point lists following the SR2012 baseline, and three 35-point lists following the SR2012 baseline. Every model in the army must be painted and based - follow the Hardcore Painting Required variant as a guide. DO NOT INCLUDE reinforcements in your lists, the related scenarios won't be used.

You can already pre-register by logging on our forums and replying to this topic: http://www.battle-group.com/forum/index.php?topic=9073

What's different from last year?
Obviously SR2012 changed a few things, the most prevalent being the emphasis on assassination as a game-balancing factor. As a result games will be played with assassination as a victory condition.

The painting grid will be back in a modified, streamlined version emphasizing good tabletops rather than out of this world painting. There will be an Best Painted award completely independent from the painting grid.

The rules quiz will be as hard as last year (yey!). The background quiz will be toned down with focus on a couple books (more info later!).

You can expect the same quality of service as last year regarding food&drinks, all included in the tournament fee. We'll also do our best to gather as much loot as in 2011.

The complete ruleset should be ready by mid-March. In the meantime, for any question, reply to this topic, or PM or e-mail Igor at: zoroastre92-warmachine_at_yahoo.fr, tag [French Open]. See you in Lyon!

Igor

*and this, of course, is a joke ;)
« Modifié: 27 février 2012 à 17:20:10 par Zoroastre »
O Fortuna, am I but your clockwork hero ?
Ex-cagoule en chef des Illuminati. Ex-résident de paradis presque fiscal.

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
Re : [France] French Open 2012 - May 26/27 in Lyon, France
« Réponse #1 le: 15 mars 2012 à 08:59:39 »
Some fresh news: we're currently attempting to extend the max number of players to 50 to account for the massive amount of pre-registrations. The first version of the ruleset should be ready by next Monday. If you haven't preregistered but still wanted to here's your last chance!

I.

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
« Réponse #2 le: 23 avril 2012 à 11:36:20 »
April 23rd update!

First of all, the new Hobby Grid (ex-Painting Grid) has been added to the Rule Set (http://www.igorzoroastre.com/docs/frenchopen2012/FrenchOpen2012.ruleset.pdf). I have streamlined it so that it better fills its role, which is inducing people to go that extra mile in their painting. It is way easier to get a high grade and the max grade is not out of reach of the tabletop+ painters. Feel free to comment/discuss/hate on our forums: http://www.battle-group.com/forum/index.php?board=73.0

Second, we're currently at 43 out of 50 pre-registered players, so there's still a few slots available for last-timers (bad timing with the UK masters though :().

Third, the registration deadline is only 2 weeks away, everyone!

Fourth, if you need accomodation, this is the place where we're pooling everyone: http://www.battle-group.com/forum/index.php?topic=9216.0

I.

Hors ligne GRUXXKi

• [BGT] Administrateur
  • Immortel
  • Comtois rends toi - nenni ma foi!!!
    • Doubs You Play
« Réponse #3 le: 25 mai 2012 à 15:57:49 »
Hi guys !I will miss you a lot all this WE!!!!

I wish you all the best and hope that Titi will be on the podium(followed only by guys from Franche Comté)!

Tender kiss!
Dans mon monde à moi, il n'y a que des poneys, ils mangent des arcs-en-ciel, et ils font des cacas papillons !

Doubs You Play