Auteur Sujet: French Open 2012 FAQ  (Lu 4701 fois)

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
    • Kazmierski Language Services
French Open 2012 FAQ
« le: 28 mars 2012 à 21:47:24 »
Last update: March 28th

So, how does the Loveclock works exactly?
The only rule you have to remember with the Loveclock is that the minimum duration of a turn is 3 minutes. If we consider a 60-minute chess clock, and that you start playing at 55 minutes of elapsed time, you can for example:
– play a 5 minute turn until the clock stops, then play 3-minute turns until dice down;
– play a 4 minute turn, then play 3-minute turns until dice down (just ignore the clock stopping in this case).

Can I bring the same set of warcasters/warlocks or repeat the same version of FA:C models/units from one day to the next?
Yes, it is perfectly acceptable. You can for example bring Kaya the Wildborne, Kaya the Moonhunter and Baldur Stonecleaver on Saturday, and the exact same warlocks on Sunday. Likewise, you can bring Gorman di Wulfe in one list on Saturday, and in one list on Sunday.

I’ve never played with a time limit before. What if I’m a really slow player?
The time limits are devised to guarantee 4 meaningful turns per player. If you still feel you won’t manage to play inside these limits, bring lists with a low model count, for example beast- or ‘jack-centric.

I’m not an excellent English speaker. Will that be a problem?

From last year’s experience, we can honestly say that a little English is enough, the Warmachine/Hordes rules playing the part of a lingua franca between players. Frenchmen are famous for their inability to speak foreign languages, so you shouldn't worry or be ashamed. If you feel you need to improve your game-related language skills, may we suggest listening to English-speaking Warmachine/Hordes podcasts such as Chain Attack or Guts'n Gears?

I intend to spend a longer holiday/bring my girlfriend along/etc. Is there anything to see in Lyon?
Lyon is a wonderful city with enough sightseeing for a few days, with a Venetian-architecture Old City and Haussmannian City Center, among many other things. It is also a historical hub of trade routes that lead into the famed French country, with its celebrated wineries and other food wonders. The Alps are just a two-hour drive, and a lot of picturesque cities can be quickly reached by car. So yes, if you plan to stay any longer, Lyon is the perfect place!
O Fortuna, am I but your clockwork hero ?
Ex-cagoule en chef des Illuminati. Ex-résident de paradis presque fiscal.