Auteur Sujet: [Tutoriel] Les arcs avant à l'aéro  (Lu 2870 fois)

Hors ligne David81

• Membre
[Tutoriel] Les arcs avant à l'aéro
« le: 07 juillet 2010 à 09:40:02 »
Depuis le site de PP :

Greetings, all.

I recently made the decision to finally mark all of the front arcs on my Cryx Army, and I can definitively say that it is one of the best gaming decisions I've made in a long time. I know now that I have been short changing myself on engagements, LOS, etc. for years.

While there are as many methods for marking front arcs as there are painters, I wanted to share a quick and easy way to mark your front arcs with subtle style: Airbrushing. This tutorial assumes you have a few things- 1) Access to an airbrush and the experience to use it, 2) A previously painted army with solid-colored bases, 3) The patience and willingness to spend a few hours getting your whole army done at once (as it will cut down on cleanup time, etc).

Step 1- Making a front arc template

The first and most important thing about painting front arcs is making sure that you are painting them accurately. In order to do this, I made a little front arc template out of clear styrene plastic. You could use any thin clear plastic material, from CD cases to the plastic from your blister packs. First, cut out a square of plastic slightly bigger than a large base. Next, take a large base, place it securely on the sheet, and trace around it with a hobby knife. You don't want to cut out a circle, just mark the plastic. Next, use a ruler to find the center of the base and draw a line horizontally across your template in the exact center of the base marking. Next, center a medium base over this center line and trace it, and then do the same for a small base. You should now have three concentric rings on your sheet. Now, cut right down that center line, and you have your front arc template.

Step 2- Masking your base

Take your front arc template and situate it under your base (lining it up with the according half-circle) in order to indicate your front arc. Once you line up the template with the front arc, hold it in place and use a piece of masking take to mask the back half of the base.

Fold the tape straight up over the rim of the base to create a distinct line on the rim of the base. This is going to be your basic mask.

Make sure that the tape adheres closely to the base, as any looseness or gaps will allow your paint to seep under your mask.

Step 3- Painting

Before you start painting, you will want to make another mask in order to keep any access spray off of your model. I used a small index card with a corner cut out, like so-

Now, using your airbrush, lightly spray a mist of paint starting from your taped area, tapering off in your front arc. Hold your mask-card over the model to protect it from over spray. I used Necrotite Green to give my army a sufficiently Cryx-y look. Once your paint has dried completely, pull off your mask. The result looks like the Warwitch Siren at the opening of this thread. Airbrushing is a subtle, but attractive and efficient way to mark your front arcs.

Any questions or clarifications, let me know! Good luck!

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?28184-Airbrushing-Front-Arcs-A-Tutorial

Hors ligne Zoroastre

• The Illusive Man
  • Immortel
  • Henri Dès Metal
    • Kazmierski Language Services
Re : [Tutoriel] Les arcs avant à l'aéro
« Réponse #1 le: 07 juillet 2010 à 09:46:46 »
Ah ouais, j'avais vu. Personnellement, je ne vois pas ce que ça apporte en terme d'esthétique de le faire à l'aéro, sauf qu'on ajoute une étape de scotchage de fig. On s'en sort aussi bien en jeu avec deux petits traits tracés grâce à une feuille quadrillée. Qu'est-ce qu'on inventerait pas pour rentabiliser son aéro quand même...

Zoro
O Fortuna, am I but your clockwork hero ?
Ex-cagoule en chef des Illuminati. Ex-résident de paradis presque fiscal.

Hors ligne celtikiller

• Brave
  • A l'aise BREEIIIIZHH !!!!
    • Le Grenier Des Légendes
« Réponse #2 le: 07 juillet 2010 à 11:19:33 »
mouais visuellement je suis pas convaincu, je prefere les deux petits traits discret... la seul utilisation que je vois c'est pour un effet halo de lumière ( donc faut que toutes les figz est un point de départ de la lumière ... et a part une lumière étherée venant des cryx je vois pas ...) qui en plus délimiterai l'arc avant ...

Hors ligne Douille

• Compagnon
« Réponse #3 le: 07 juillet 2010 à 15:15:42 »
Attendez, c'est transcendant comme truc.

Vous imaginez le temps qu'il prend pour faire son arc sur toutes ses figs.

Et en plus, il a pris le temps de pondre un texte d'une demi-page pour nous en faire part.

Autant de frime pour un aéro, ça se respecte.